I am suffering from dry form of eczema. Tried various doctors, but it keeps on relapsing. What should I do to control this disease?
Ans: Hello ,
Eczema is a chronic skin disorder however, the causes of eczema have not been fully determined. Allergy, stress, irritants and genetic factors are considered to be associated with the development of eczema. Tendency to have such skin disorder runs in families. In most cases, person having eczema may have family history eczema or other allergic conditions including asthma or hay fever. However, the link between these conditions has been not cleared yet.
The conventional treatment of eczema includes application of topical corticosteroids that reduces inflammation and itchiness. Some may also need antihistamines to reduce itching. It is very important to note that allopathic medicines have not been effective in large number of patients. In such case, it would be worthwhile to consult an experienced homoeopath. Many patient suffering from eczema have been successfully recovered with homoeopathy.
Many people downplay the importance of STRESS as a causative factor. It is known for causing or aggravating the symptoms of eczema. Therefore, it is advisable to learn techniques to manage stress that is an integral component of today’s fast life.
Some tips to control the symptoms of eczema:
- Keep the skin moist by using suitable moisturiser (without any fragrance)
- Try to apply moisturiser within three minutes after bathing to enhance its effect
- Wear 100 percent cotton cloths or soft fabrics, also avoid rough fabrics and tight clothing
- Bath or shower with lukewarm water and use a non- soap cleanser or hypo allergic soap, cleanser
- Do not rub skin to dry instead pat gently with a soft towel
- Try to avoid rapid changes of temperature and activities that increases sweat
- Most importantly reduce daily stress- learn yoga – tai chi
- Know about the triggers and how to avoid them.
Online consultation with Homoeopathic panel expert
How to consult with Setu Health Care Homoeopathic consultation