Get FREE answer to your questions
Botox treatment is a popular non-surgical cosmetic treatment, where the patient is injected a minute amount of purified protein, so that they can treat several medical conditions, especially in clearing -out moderate to severe frown lines. Botox is comprises of a purified protein of Botulinum Toxin A is considered to be a dangerous neurotoxin, however beneficial in minute amounts for certain reasons.
Required preparations before treatment
No special preparation is essential for botox treatment. It is important to inform the health care provider if you have any allergies or other abnormal medical conditions. Explain clearly about your expectations from the treatment.
An insight of the procedur
Patient may be placed on an examination table in a raised position or in a reclining chair and the healthcare provider will determine the place of botox injection administration by examining patient’s ability to contract certain facial muscles, following which these specific areas are cleansed with a non- alcohol based cleanser. Next, botox is injected into desired areas followed by compression if an area bleeds after injection. A patient may be given 5-10 injections per sitting while the whole process may take about 10 minutes and the discomfort usually goes away within a short time after the procedure. The patient may be advised to lie in an upright or semi upright position on the examination table for few minutes to make them rest. Physicians may recommend avoiding strenuous activity after the procedure for several days to prevent bruising. Effects of Botox injection can be seen within a week and may last up to 3 to 8 months.
Risk and Complications associated with Botox treatment
- The procedure is considered as safe only when performed by trained experience professionals
- Minor risks associated with this procedure include headache, pain and flu like symptoms.
- Rarely there can be a drooping lid (ptosis)
- The effects of the botox treatment can lasts only for 3-8 months and patient may need to repeat the treatment
- With each new treatment the results tend to last for a longer time
Category of people who cannot undergo botox treatment:
- Pregnant or doubtful of pregnancy
- Allergic to any of the injection ingredients
- Infection at probable injection area
- Patient with any neurological disorders like Myasthenia Gravis
Uses of botox treatment- procedure
Botox treatment has been proved as a safe and successful cosmetic procedure especially to remove wrinkles. In addition to its cosmetic applications, botox can be used in treating some of the neurological conditions including,
- Spasmodic totocollis or cervical dystonia (a neuromuscular disorder involving the head and neck)
- Excessive sweating
- Excessive blinking
- Migraine and other headache disorders
- Strabismus or Squint eye
In most cases patient can resume normal activities after a day of the procedure and hospitalization is not required. Medical tourists can return home the next day after the procedure. An experienced health care provider should be approached before choosing the destination to ensure better outcome of botox treatment.
Massage hair with warm coconut oil an hour before washing. Take some petals of hibiscus and grind it in the mixer. Apply this paste to your hair and then rinse it. For better result you can boil a few hibiscus flowers in coconut oil. Filter this oil and use it to control hair loss and thinning, you can also use Jaborandi oil which is again an extract of hibiscus flower.