Get FREE answer to your questions
Arthritis can affect any joint, but weight-bearing joints such as the knee are particularly vulnerable.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons mentions these common symptoms of knee arthritis:
Swelling and stiffness.
Trouble straightening or bending the knee.
Pain that tends to worsen in the morning, after resting, or after activities such as climbing stairs, kneeling or walking.
Pain and stiffness that seem to coincide with changes in weather.
The first task toward keeping stress under control is recognizing the early symptoms of stress, such as
The American Academy of Family Physicians says managing stress depends on how you react to it. Recognizing that you're under stress may be easy, compared to changing your response.
Here are the academy's suggestions:
- Don't fret about things over which you have no control, such as the weather.
- Solve little issues or conflicts first -- this may help you tackle bigger ones.
- Think of change in a positive way.
- Discuss your stress with a trusted friend or family member.
- Avoid tackling too much at once.
- Exercise regularly.
- Eat a healthy diet, and get enough rest.
- Engage in activities that tend to ease your stress.
- Prepare yourself for activities that you know will lead to stress.
Most men and many women eventually have noticeable hair loss..
The U.S. National Library of Medicine says hair loss is related to aging, heredity and hormonal changes.
Sudden hair loss may stem from different causes, including physical and emotionalstress. The agency mentions these potential triggers:
- Having a serious infection or running a high fever.
- Delivering a baby.
- Undergoing major surgery, having a serious illness or suddenly losing a lot of blood.
- Undergoing significant emotional stress.
- Following a crash diet, particularly one that is low in protein.
- Taking certain medications, including antidepressants, some heart medications or birth control pills, and painkillers known as NSAIDs.
Your relationship with your child is the foundation for her relationships with others."
Here are Dr. Steinberg's 10 principles of good parenting:
1. What you do matters.Whether it's your own health behaviors or the way you treat other people, your children are learning from what you do. "This is one of the most important principles," Steinberg explains. "What you do makes a difference...Don't just react on the spur of the moment. Ask yourself, What do I want to accomplish, and is this likely to produce that result?"
2. You cannot be too loving. "It is simply not possible to spoil a child with love," Steinberg writes. "What we often think of as the product of spoiling a child is never the result of showing a child too much love. It is usually the consequence of giving a child things in place of love -- things like leniency, lowered expectations, or material possessions."
Laughing - Best Heart remedy....
We have been born with the gift of laughter; it’s being serious that we learn.
A doctor said to his car mechanic, "Your debit is several times more per hour then we get paid for medical care."
"Yeah, but you see, doc, you have always the same model, it hasn't changed since Adam; but we have to keep up to date with new models coming every year."
Did you smile, giggle or do belly laughter after reading this? I make you laugh to save you from heart disease!!!! Yes, it is said laughter is best medicine, and now the researchers had confirmed that the laughter, along with an active sense of humor, may help protect you against a heart attack and heart diseases.
Asthma can develop in children of any age, but symptoms typically begin by age 5, the Cleveland Clinic says.
The clinic says parents should watch for:
Frequent coughing spells that occur during playtime, laughing or at night.
Lack of energy during playtime.
Breathing rapidly, shortness of breath or wheezing.
Discomfort or pain in the chest.
A perceived tightness of the neck or chest muscles.
Feeling tired often.
Written by Mamta Singh
THE FUNCTION WHEEL OF THE CHAKRAS
Chakra is a term that has gained popularity worldwide with the new focus and faith in complimentary alternative medicine. As more conventional research-backed studies indicate the supportive role of sciences such as yoga, reiki, acupuncture, meridian therapy etc in healing chronic ailments and health conditions, chakra as a relevant and real concept has gained more meaning. Let us take a brief look at what chakras are so that we may have a preliminary understanding of the concept.
4 Reasons for higher cholesterol that can be easily preventable…
High cholesterol may be triggered by a number of factors, many of which you can control.
The U.S. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute cites these risk factors:
- Eating foods that contain too much fat and cholesterol.
- Being overweight or obese.
- Getting insufficient exercise.
- Having a genetic condition called familial hypercholesterolemia.
Here are some tips to keep your skin looking flawless.
- Depending on your skin type, skin can either become, oily or dry in the monsoon; constant wetting and drying can cause dehydration. To avoid dehydration drink ample amounts of fluids especially water. Have a nutritious, healthy diet, which includes a lot of fruits as they help maintain the glow on your skin.
So much has been written about workouts and fitness regimes that go in to make a healthy heart. A good amount of internet literature also covers foods that should be avoided to keep you away from the cardiology section of the hospitals, yet little is said about what can be had to sport a robust heart. In this post, I have put together a rudimentary list of some foods (list not in order of merit) that do great favours for the heart. You could have recipes involving these foods as ingredients. Here goes:
1. Salmon: This pink-fleshed fish is loaded with nutritional value - it delivers 87.1% RDA completeness on omega 3 fatty acids for a single 113 gm (approx.) intake.* For the heart, it reduces erratic heart rhythms (ischemic arrhythmia), prevents clots (that blocks arteries and cause strokes), promotes good cholesterol to bad cholesterol ratio and prevents damage of cholesterols. Try to include Salmon twice a week in your diet to maximize heart benefits. You could also use Mackerel or Sardines, which have similar heart benefits.