Get FREE answer to your questions
Acupressure –stimulating body’s own healing curative powers by applying skillful pressure on the key points of the body. Acupressure is a healing art based on the Chinese theory of “meridian”. According to it, the key points are mainly the meridian points and applying appropriate pressure on them will remove the energy blockages and facilitate more blood flow and releases the muscle tension. These pressure points are similar to the acupuncture points.
As per Chinese philosophy there are energy pathways that circulate through out the body known as “meridian”. In a healthy state of a person the energy flows freely without any hindrance and the blockage or obstruction to free flowing of the energy leads to disease conditions. The acupressure therapist aims to remove these blockages, loosen the muscular tension and improve blood circulation that ultimately stimulates body’s own healing abilities. These can be done by applying the pressure on key points present of the skin surface of the hands, elbows, knees and feet. The charts showing of various key points are easily available.
The specialist use different methods to apply pressure such as rubbing, kneading, percussion, massage and vibration on the base of requirement. In most cases the pressure is apply via fingers, however some acupressurist may use acu ball, energy roller, foot roller, power mat and spine roller for the treatment of various disease conditions.
Uses and benefits of acupressure
- Acupressure not only helps to treat various disease conditions but had been also proved effective therapy to prevent varied mental and physical disorders.
- After acquiring knowledge about basic principles and precautions to be followed you can treat your disease yourself with acupressure therapy.
- Acupressure is cost- free, safe, effective therapy as no medicines or special instruments are required.
The list of disorders in which Acupressure therapy is commonly used include
- Joint pain,
- Backache (spondylitis)
- Asthma, common cold and sinusitis
- Gastric complains such as indigestion, peptic ulcer (acidity), constipation, piles, irritable bowel syndrome
- Weight management
- Hair falling
- Sleeping disorders
- Relieve stress and anxiety
Tomatoes are Anti-Oxidant hence including tomatoes in your daily diet will make your skin Wrinkle Free. And using the paste of one day old curd with a tomato and applying it to your skin soft. Also, if you skin is oily then applying the its pulp on your face for 15 min. then rinse your face with warm water. This will absorb extra oil from your skin and improve your complexion.